- Ask every patient at each encounter about his or her tobacco use and document their status.
- Advise every tobacco user to quit. Use a clear, strong, and personalized message about the benefits of quitting.
- Connect patients who want to change their tobacco use to the Quitline. We work with patients at any step of their quit journey. When providers make the connection, patients are 3-11 times more likely to enroll in the program.
The Quitline commercial tobacco cessation program uses clinically proven methods to achieve some of the highest quit rates in the country. We help more than 450 people a day in their journey to quit tobacco. With a 37 percent responder quit rate for those who use coaching and nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) and a 90 percent participant satisfaction rate, we are confident in our ability to help your patients live tobacco free.
Learn more about Ask, Advise, Connect and the State QuitlineWe have created a series of brief videos (less than 3 minutes each) to learn more about treating commercial tobacco use and how our program can help.
- How the Quitline Works
- Ask, Advise, Connect Brief Intervention
- How to Talk to Patients About Tobacco
What the Program OffersParticipants can enroll in the Quitline online or by telephone. Once enrolled, they will gain access to these program offerings:
- Phone-based coaching support and additional support via email, text, or instant message. Participants work with trained coaches to prepare a quit plan, set a quit date, identify tobacco triggers, manage cravings, and address relapses. Our standard program includes up to 5 proactive coaching sessions with unlimited inbound contacts. Coaches are available 7 days a week.
- Full pharmacotherapy program including nicotine replacement therapy (NRT), education, and coordination of pharmacy benefits.
- Planning and educational materials, either through our website or on paper, to help participants map out their road to quitting tobacco.
- Membership in an online community with others who have or are working to become tobacco free.
Customized Quitline ProgramsParticipants can select components of the Quitline program to create a personalized experience. We always encourage nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) and coaching. Research shows combining NRT and coaching produces the best chances of quitting.
Learn more about the Quitline programs.